Scale Certification

Every now and then we get asked about rules and regulations when it comes to selling fruits and vegetables to customers. The general rule of thumb is if you’re selling by weight, then you should use a scale that is legal for trade and has been checked by your state inspector. Here is a link below that basically backs up that assumption.

Vendors selling by weight must provide their own certified scales. Regarding scale certification, any vendor selling products across a scale must have a scale that is legal for trade and certified by the Bureau of Weights & Measures, NH Dept. of Agriculture, Markets & Food.

This entry was posted in General and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.