The RS-130 retail price computing scale is a very nice digital scale for a candy shop or produce stand. The scale is great for an outdoor farmers market since the RS130 can also calculate change. The RS-130 retail scale offers practical solutions for a full range of point-of-sale weighing and price computing applications. It is also one of only a handful of legal for trade retail price computing scales that uses the ounces unit of measure. Its compact design makes it easy to transport and the customer display on the rear of the RS-130 offers extra convenience.
Standard features of the RS-130 include:
â€¢ NTEP-certified Legal-For-Trade
â€¢ Customer display on rear of unit
â€¢ Operates on 110 VAC or 6V internal battery
â€¢ Configurable for lb, kg or oz
â€¢ Calculates customer change
BUILT IN RECHARGEABLE BATTERY
The battery has 100+ hours of use before it needs recharging. When the battery is low, the TOTAL $ display shows -LO- and there is a continuous beep.
Press the CLEAR key to remove -LO- and end the beep. After the initial warning of low battery, the scale has aproximately two to three hours of battery life left. Allow eight to ten hours to fully charge.
AUTO-OFF FEATURE (helps save battery life)
1. Turn on the scale and press and hold the CHANGE key until 6.3 (version) shows in the WEIGHT display (approximately three seconds).
2. Press and hold the ZERO key until the WEIGHT display shows SEtUP (approx. three seconds).
3. Press the 3 key, WEIGHT display shows USUAL.
4. Press the 2 key to enter the Auto-Off mode. WEIGHT display shows -30- (minutes).
5. Use the CLEAR key to select -30-, -15-, -5-,-OFF-.
6. Press the CHANGE key to confirm setting.Â Scale will automatically restart.
M1 – M8 8 direct PLUâ€™s for saving different unit prices or figures.
For example: to save 7.50 in theM8 setting,
1. Key in 750
2. Press and hold the M8 key until the scale beeps (approximately three seconds)
â€¢ Every time you press the M8 key the UNIT PRICE $ display shows 7.50
â€¢ To change the setting of one of the memory keys, follow the steps above.
Set up to 89 different indirect PLUâ€™s. (10-99 allowed)
1. Key in the unit price
2. Press the PLU key once
3. Enter the first digit of the PLU number, when entering the second digit hold the
button until the scale beeps (approximately three seconds)
â€¢ The PLU is displayed in the WEIGHT display
â€¢ To recall a PLU, press PLU and enter the number you want to recall.
â€¢ To change the PLU settings, key in the new unit price and follow steps 2 – 3
This key selects the unit of measure (kg, lb or oz) in weighing mode.
1. Press the UNIT key, WEIGHT display shows ch9-
2. Press: 1 to select kg, 2 to select lb or 3 to select oz. (default is lb)
â€¢ The annunciator will flash above the selected unit of measure in the UNIT PRICE $ display.
Compute the amount of change to be given back to a customer for their purchase. For example: when TOTAL $ shows 15.00 and you receive $20.00 from the customer; Press the CHANGE key and enter 2000. The UNIT PRICE $ display shows C 5.00 (change due). The TOTAL $ display shows 20.00 (cash received).
WEIGHT display shows “Err-1” — IC93C66 data-loss or IC93C66 damaged/faulty
WEIGHT display shows “Err-3” — At power-up, the weight on the platter is more than 5% of the maximum capacity Remove the weight from the scale, or to under 5% of capacity and restart the scale
TOTAL $ display shows “E” — The total price value is larger than 9999.99 Remove the measured object from the platter and press CLEAR to clear the unit price setting